1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.3.3 Customizability

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ClockWound, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Customization options in EVERY SERVER or only when you are IN THE HUB?

1. I want customization options in every server.

80.0%
  2. I want customization options in the hub only.

20.0%
  1. ClockWound

ClockWound Ex-Staff

Hello DRC players!

We are hereby proud to announce a new, upcoming, update. Since there were no ideas posted on the last anouncement (Out of the ashes..., https://drcnetwork.com/english/threads/out-of-the-ashes.16438/ ), we took matters in our own hands, and tried to deliver an awesome new update for you. But, as we stated in our last post, we also want to listen to the community. This (plus the reason to explain the new update) is the reason this post was created. If you have read this post, and want to give feedback, feel free to use the comment section. We (the staff team) read every single comment.

So what is this new update all about? Well, as you can tell by looking at the title of this announcement, we want to create the option for you to customize your appearence on the server, and we want to give people a goal/purpose to grind for something in DRC. Ofcourse, your appearance is always customizable using a skin, but as many of you know, not everyone is able to use a skin. And if you have a skin, you've hit the limit of your customization options. But that is about to change!

How? We are proud to announce a new feature we're busy implementing. We're still experimenting, but so far it has worked really well. We have implemented a customization plugin, which lets you (you guess it) customize your appearence. But not only can you customize your appearence, you can customize everything, including spawns, the hub and many more places.

These will be your customization options:

Particles
    unknown.png
    Particles are the first part of your (soon to be) customize options. The picture above is just one of the many (currently 23) particle options to choose from. You don't like this one? Thats no problem, because there are 22 particle options left you may do like. The particle options differ from really small (like a trail you leave behind when you walk) to really big (like the one shown in the picture). This way, everyone can find that one perfect effect.

Gadgets
    unknown 3.png
    You can also get gadgets once the upcomming update is available for everyone. Gadgets are big events you can equip to turn any place into your own little playground. One of the gadgets (that can be seen in the photo above) lets you create your very own attraction paradise, for you and your friend, to enjoy. But creating attractions are not the only option you have with the gadgets. You can get paintball guns, create your very own rocket take-off, and much more. Personally, this is my (ClockWound) favourite part of the upcomming update. I tried it out this morning, and just couldn't stop using and playing with all the gadgets.

Music
    unknown 4.png
    Ever seen those videos where people make insanely accurate music songs in minecraft using noteblocks? Well, we thought that was awesome, and wanted to give you (the community) the chance to experience your favourite songs in DRC. In the upcomming update you can create your very own avatar as DJ playing your favourite song. In the picture shown above you can see me playing one of my alltime favourite songs. Soon, you will be able to do the same!

Even more?!
    unknown 2.png
    Even more options are availible when the new update goes live. As seen on the picture, you are gonna be able to have balloons, banners, companions, and many more awesome customizability options. With this new update, you will be able to create your own dream avatar inside DRC, with all the options you ever wanted.

How to acquire
    But how are you gonna acquire all these awesome customization options? Thats where the second part of our intention of this update comes into play: Creating a goal for the average DRC player. You can get all these customization options by saving up for them. You need to buy them with DRC-Credits. This way you can grind for that one customization option you really want. This will give you a purpose on DRC. You have something to play for, other then to have fun.

This is also the point where we want your opinion. Currently you can only equip the customization options you buy in the HUB of DRC. We understand that having to pay DRC-Credits for customization options you can only use in the HUB may not be worth it for some players. We can change (thanks @milkacow) this, and allow the customization effects to be availible in every server. The question to you, the community, is if you want this or not. You can show your oppinion using the poll at the top of this post. Feedback is always welcome. You can give feedback in the comment section.

For now, thats all. But remember, this is just the beginning! Expect this feature to be availible soon. Thanks for reading the announcement, you rock!

~The DRC staff team

#1 ClockWound, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. Anesitas

Anesitas Ex-Staff

If i'd have to choose, i'd request hub only. Serverwide will affect the servers themself, basicly wasting needed space making it more costing to host.
    I'd say, use the time and effort to boost the numbers of players

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heavenssent

Heavenssent Newbie

4. ClockWound

ClockWound Ex-Staff

Hey Anesitas,

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely think about this when launching the new update.
    Ofcourse the update should not stand in the way of needed space, since its "just" cosmetics.

Have a nice day!

~ClockWound

5. samyratchet

CEO

Hey Anesitas,

Normally it won't take any more space if we use it on all the servers, because the cosmetics plugin would be connected to the same database to obtain gadget progress around the network rather then using for each server his own databases. :blush: Also the cosmetics has features to prevent overloading the servers. Sweet that you worry about it :heart:

The cosmetics plugin is just one of the many things that has been planned to make DRC attractive again and to bring back a playerbase, there is alot of changes going on in the background but can't tell you that right now, you will see them in the next updates :heart_eyes:

Also my exams ends 29/01 : unamused: still far away

~samyratchet

#5 samyratchet, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
  6. RobinSaint

RobinSaint Newbie

Can you tell me when the maintenance will end? I'm missing the game of Faction / Bending hehe

7. ClockWound

ClockWound Ex-Staff

Hi RobinSaint,

Good news! The server Faction / Bending will be done
    with maintenance and ready for action this evening.

You will be able to play on the server at 20:00.

Have fun!

~ClockWound

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. dragarcher2

dragarcher2 Maintainer
    Staff Member Maintainer

Bending is back online.